Thursday, January 4, 2018

YouTube Purge

This morning I did something I’ve been meaning to do for a while:  I unsubscribed from YouTube channels I don’t watch or have issues with their content.

I do like ones that give me ideas for home decorating, organization, finance, some that teach about different subjects.  I also like a few of the people who travel and live out of their vehicle.  A few, because they take you to new places and actually show some of the fun places to go within the area.

What I’ve noticed, however, is a growing trend in people who have discovered that since you can make some money on YouTube, then all they have to do is throw up a video of their current personal drama, open a Patreon account and people will pay to support this person.  There is no value to the content, unless you enjoy soap operas.  I’m not one of them, sorry.

I must have removed at least 10 channels from my list of subscribed channels and, to be honest, I doubt I will miss them.

No comments: