Saturday, January 20, 2018

Recuperating

This weekend’s word is recuperation.

Over the last few weeks I’ve had some work done on the house, meanwhile I continued to do some spot cleaning here and there when I could.

On the 9th of January I had a new hot water heater installed.

On the 17th I had a new HVAC system installed.  After a few no-heat nights, the furnace was fixed (aka turned on) from the installers so now things are working good here.

In the midst of all of this, I awoke this past Thursday morning feeling like I had been hit by a truck.  My inability to sleep well at nights right now, coupled with sinus issues and (I guess) coughing issues not only had me with a completely blocked nasal passages, but also what appears to be bruised ribs.  I’ve been in considerable pain the last few days, so this weekend will be recuperation weekend.  Laundry and dishes will probably be the extent of any cleaning.

I’m also going to need to do some recuperation financially, as I used up pretty much all of my home improvement sinking fund, so a spending freeze except for necessities is also now going.

The good news out of all of this was some much needed phone calls and emails on unrelated personal matters has been taken care of.

A few photos:






No comments: