Wednesday, January 3, 2018

January 3, 2018 - Busy Day!

I was up early this morning to get an early start on some housework before the HVAC/ Plumbing guy came.  Unfortuately, my vacuum decided it didn’t want to work, I guess the cat hair finally got to it.  On my list for tomorrow:  get a vacuum designed for pet hair.

The guy came and it turns out he’s LDS.  LOL.  It was great, like having another home teacher come by, take a look at the hot water heater and the HVAC system.  Both will be replaced, the hot water heater is starting to look like it’s getting critical.  I’m getting it replaced just in time.  That will be next Tuesday morning, I’ll have to let my boss know when we get back on Monday next week.  I’m supposed to get the HVAC system (an all day project) next Wednesday, but I forgot that I will be needed next week to cover the phones.  I’ll need to call tomorrow to re-schedule the HVAC to the following week.  On my list for tomorrow.

After he left, I drove over to the Heard Museum to meet up with a dear friend for lunch and a tour.  I went through the self guided tour through the Indian School area.  I had read Zane Grey’s book The Vanishing American, that covers sexual assault on the Native American reservations, in high school.  I also remembered the stories from my Dad’s side of the family (Cherokee).  Lunch was fantastic, the Heard Museum has a small restaurant on the property that we went to.  The food was great, as was the service.  I stopped off after we parted ways and went into the Books & More shop to pick up something I can use, but would also remind me of my trip there.



































On my way home, I stopped by the credit union I go to and got a new credit card.  There was an issue with a charge on mine and I called and had the credit union cancel the card.  It turns out the charge was valid, but it’s better to be safe than sorry.  It meant I went through the entire weekend without being able to use the credit card, so tomorrow will mean going through my different vendors to update the information.  I will also need to contact the mortuary, life insurance and Medical Air Transport service for the funeral preparations I have started making for myself.  On my list for tomorrow.

Now that I’m home, I’m working on dishes, laundry and continued cleaning, as well as catching up on news and videos from today.

PS:  President Monson passed away yesterday, so very sad, but happy that he is now with God, Jesus and his beloved Frances Monson.

To Do’s for Tomorrow:

Take empty boxes to Robin’s storage room to empty out the stuff that will be going to mine.  Load the car as much as possible and take the stuff to my storage unit.  This was stuff that was supposed to go to me, but ended up getting placed into Robin’s unit instead.  Once I’ve emptied it out, I can then close the unit out.

Stop off at Costco or Walmart to get a pet vacuum.

Call the HVAC people to reschedule the HVAC work.

Call the people involved in my funeral arrangements regarding payment changes.  Just a note, I’m not terminally ill, I have no plans on dying soon.  The problem is that the majority of my family is deceased.  I’m making the arrangements now so that when the inevitable eventually happens (hopefully not for another 40-50 years), the choices that need to be made concerning arrangements for my funeral and burial will have been taken care of and no one will be left guessing what kind of casket to use for my resting place.  It’s not pleasant, it’s not fluffy, but then again, not a lot of my life has been pleasant or fluffy.  Sorry.

Update vendors with new payment changes.

Take recycling to recycling center.

Take donations to Deseret Industries.

Continue cleaning, laundry and dishes.

Quite the list for one day.

No comments: