Monday, January 1, 2018

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

I’ve been getting caught up on the basic cleaning, trash, recycling, laundry, dishes, which has now allowed for me to tackle a few needed things to do.

1.  Mom and Dad’s funeral and probate stuff are now in each of their own boxes in the closet.  I will need to go through them again, as I now have a bag started for stuff that needs to go to the safety deposit box at the credit union.  I’m so thankful I had the foresight to rent the box myself and make Mom and Dad signers.  This meant I didn’t need a court order to be able to get to the contents of the safety deposit box to get much needed documents.  If you are in this position, please make sure that the person renting the box is the person who will be handling the estate.  Others can be made signers on the box, which means they have access to add and remove as needed.  This is what I did with Mom and Dad and it saved me when each of them passed away.





2.  Getting the laundry done means that I’ve been able to empty out the filled laundry baskets with the laundered items now put away where they belong. This means the hallway is now dryer sheets free, the trash can for the dryer sheets is now emptied with a fresh bag to start anew.  I’ve also gotten the storage bin with some of my treasures that I want to keep has now been put back in the closet where it belongs.  I still have a lot more to go, but it’s getting there.












3.  I’m also now reclaiming the bedroom linen closet for what it was meant for.  There is still a lot of go through there, but I’ve already filled one bag with a comforter that hasn’t been used in years, and needs to go to a new home where it will be loved and cherished.  :-). Some of the laundry that is still in the guest bathroom (located next to the washer/dryer combo) will go in this closet, or will be added to the donations bags.




No comments: