Tuesday, January 2, 2018

January 2, 2018 - So Far

Because it is a new year and the HOA where I live selected a new management company to start effective January 1st.  This meant that today is the first business day of the year to get things established with them to handle the automatic payments on a monthly basis.

Thankfully this is a company that already has the groundwork done for online stuff, so I was able to fill out all of the prerequisite stuff online in less than 30 minutes.

I'll know later this month if it actually took.

I haven't pulled the trashbag out yet (the collection people came by this morning so I can't put anything out yet until after a certain time), but I do have a bag set up for donation, per today's challenge from Peter Walsh.  I have started another bag so that as I do laundry, anything I don't want to keep can go straight into the bag located a few inches from the washer and dryer.  No, Survivor the Cat is not going out for donation, however he does still need a forever home.





On top of that, last night I started - and today I tweaked - a filing box I already had, used file folders and hanging folders I already had to create my filing system in an effort to better organize the papers that come in and to actually give them a home, rather than any spare counter top I can find.  I've already started filling it in with financial paperwork, I have a separate file for home improvement, a file for action and a file for each month.  I've also tossed in my Business Card binder, which got me through a lot while I was caregiver for Mom.  I know I'll need to tweak it again and place a spot for legal paperwork.

The idea for having it in a bin like this, rather than a file drawer, is as a part of emergency preparedness, if I need to leave in a hurry.  With all of the natural (and man made) disasters we've had over the last few years, this is probably something everyone should be setting up for themselves, and it costs less than $30.00 to do.













No comments: