Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Spending Analysis

Day 2 of the Budget Bootcamp:  looking at how much we are spending on a monthly basis.  My November and December were off the wall.  I overspent on gifts and the continual expenses for the probate.

The analysis is done through a Money Management that is done through my Credit Union's online system.  It's free and it's automatic as far as adding the numbers in via the Credit Union accounts.  I've also used Quicken, however I've been having problems in getting Quicken to download the transactions from the Credit Union.  I'm going to have to manually add the transactions for this year and probably "close" out the existing accounts and re-add the accounts as new.

A free resource, if you are just getting started, for tracking is Mint.

Other free resources available through The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints:

Family Finances Participant Manual

One For The Money Guide

Catholic Church:

Navigating Your Finances God's Way

From the Dallas Federal Reserve Bank:

Building Wealth At Home


Dave Ramsey's 7 Baby Steps




No comments: