Saturday, November 10, 2018

Trip To The Household Hazardous Waste Facility

I didn’t take pictures of the facility, but here is the stash...






And After!






Now, some thoughts.  It was great to be able to do this and there were no lines.

They don’t take medications.  They handed me a card with the Mesa Police medication bins, however they are only open on Monday - Thursday during the day.  No weekend hours at all.  I have some thoughts on the Mesa Police Department, I’ll keep them in my head, but I’ll leave it to you to have your own thoughts.

Then they told me I could go to any Walgreens, so I went to the one up the street.  Nope.  The only Walgreens in my area that does this is the one I go to that is in Tempe by my workplace.  That’s it.  So I got to go through ASU basketball game traffic so I could dispose of the medications.

So I went there with the stash of not only my medication, but also my late Mother’s meds as well.  The box was locked.  I had to wait in the pharmacy line so I could get someone to unlock the collection box.  I understand why they would lock it overnight, but it was 11:00 am.  They unlocked it for me and I was finally able to dispose of the medications.  Thank you, Walgreens.

Thankfully, I don’t do this that often, hopefully things will go smoother the next time.  The good news:  it’s out of my home.


No comments: