Friday, November 2, 2018

Today’s Excitement

So, this morning has already been a wild, emotional ride.  At least for me.

I woke up this morning to a puddle in my master bath.  Not a big one, mind you, just enough for me to think it was one of the cats.  LOL.

Then I started finding more water behind the toilet and realized it wasn’t one of the cats, there is a water leak in my home.

The good news:

Today is my last vacation day, so at least I was home to catch it.

There wasn’t that much, so it probably has not impacted the neighbors downstairs.

I already know a reputable plumber, so I was able to call and set up an appointment between noon and three today.

The bad news:

My medical bills this year have exceeded $20,000 (and still counting), so I only have $1,000 left in my emergency fund, but also a $2,000 balance on my credit card.

The $700 vet bill for Faith didn’t help.

I don’t know how much this will cost to repair, hopefully less than $10,000.

The stinger:  last year, after becoming debt free (at the time) I decided to treat myself to tickets for this weekend’s Time Out For Women conference in Phoenix.  Yep, it’s this weekend, and depending on how long this takes, chances are I will not be able to attend, given that I’m assuming the actual repairs will be done tomorrow.

Now that the panic attack (complete with me crying on my bed in a fetal position) has passed and I’ve been able to write and think about this, I can say that I am grateful, because I have friends whom have had this happen to them and their stories and the time they have had to take off work to get things fixed was sad to hear about.

This does mean, however that I will be back into debt for the new year.  I don’t know by how much, but I know i won’t be able to get the credit card paid off before December 31st.  It will work out.

The other good news, because I had been decluttering and doing some light zone cleaning in that bathroom earlier this week, that’s the one room in my home where things actually look good.  LOL.  I had already changed one litter box, I changed another and ran a load of cat food dishes in the dishwasher before the water gets turned off for the repairs.  Come to think of it, I should probably go and get some more bottled water.  I have over 10 gallons, but you never know.  :-)

No comments: