Monday, November 12, 2018

Another Productive Day And Some Self Care

Today has been a good day, a day well spent.

After feeding the cats, I ate breakfast while listening to the Book of Mormon, I’m now at Alma 30.  I’m picking up on teachings I either missed the last time I read it, or listened with new ears to things I had already marked in my scriptures.

After taking a shower, I then grabbed my grocery bags and made a 2 - 3 hour trip around Mesa, Chandler and Gilbert.

The first stop was the cemetery to pay a visit to my parents and my husband.





I’ll have to get some new silk flowers for their graves over Thanksgiving.

The next stop was the Gilbert Arizona Temple.  The Temple is closed on Mondays, which meant that the parking lot was not busy, the streets were not all that busy and I was able to have some quiet time to reflect and to feel the Spirit of The Lord.











Then I went down the road to the Walmart that actually carries my favorite Voortman’s Lemon Wafers.  Yum yum.  I assisted one elderly woman who needed some direction to back out.  She thanked me for my “mothering”.  An elderly couple were getting a little turned around inside the store and looking for the bread aisle.  I was able to tell them where it was at so they could find it.

Picked up a few supplies mentioned in one of the books on goals while there.

Afterwards, I remembered I had my blue recycle bin filled with paper recycling in it that I had forgotten about on Saturday, and since I was down the road from the East Mesa Recycling Facility, I took it over there and emptied it out before coming home.

I’ve gotten two more loads of laundry done, including my bedding, I’ve been drinking my water (along with CranApple Juice) and getting my vitamins in me, along with my medications.  I’m trying to get into some basic habits of self care, as well as taking time out for myself spiritually.

No comments: