Monday, July 9, 2018

Day 9 and Day 10

Be sure to check out Sophia’s playlist for the 30 Bags In 30 Days Challenge on YouTube and check links in the description section below the videos of others joining in!


I stepped away from the linens for today and decided to clear out the floor of the back end of my closet.  I think these two plastic “treasure boxes” (they are shaped like treasure chests) were purchased at Target, but that would have been 19-20 years ago while Decker was still alive.

They hold our four sleeping bags.  The problem is, I’ve not been camping  in about 17-18 years and there is no point in one person having four sleeping bags.  For now, I’m taking two out of one and re-using it to hold some pillows and the pillow cases that will go on my master bed once that is brought out of storage and reassembled.  The bed was retrieved out of Mom’s house (it was mine, but Decker died before we got all  of my furniture moved over), but I’m holding off until I can get all of the carpeting removed from my home to have vinyl sheet flooring put in that will handle the cats better.

Decluttering will help expedite that process, which is the other reason I am so keen on doing this.  It needs to be done.

The before:



And after:


With the sleeping bags and old pillows (the cases were put in the bin)





The sleeping bags are good, they just need laundering and can go to someone who needs them.  The pillows were going bad, so they will be donated to the Animal Control to use on pets turned in.


No comments: