Saturday, July 7, 2018

Day 7 and Day 8 - MAJOR Improvement!

Update:  Be sure to check out Sophia’s playlist for the 30 Bags In 30 Days Challenge on YouTube and check links in the description section below the videos of others joining in!



Today I decided to tackle the kitchen linens.  The problem is, to take care of that, I also had to tackle the one linen closet I have in my home.  It’s in the master bedroom.  The hall closet is a coat closet, so it was not set up for linens, so I’ve used that space for other storage.

This is where a part of the linens have been stored in my kitchen, however as you can see, this is not working.





In the master bedroom, I was trying to get some systems in place, but it looks like I need 3-4 more of the side opening bins to really make a dent.

I don’t have the money for that right now, so I’ll use what I have until I’ve been able to get my savings to a more comfortable level before I can spend the money for it.  The side opening bins come from the Container Store and I love them.





The linen closet.  Yeah, and this is actually semi cleaned out and cleared out.  But it needs a few more things to be moved and a few things purged out.

That second bin from the top?  Old towels that haven’t been used in years.  Like, decades.  Some of the wash cloths are still in good condition and can be donated, however the towels in that bin are there because they are no good anymore.  Those can be donated to the Animal Control

The little heating pad?  That was last used when Decker was alive and the 18 year anniversary of his passing will be next month.

So, what’s a girl to do to get this hot mess under control?

Use the one thing I’ve purchased (besides the book) from FlyLady:  her sorting bins that are the fold out kind.  I love these.  They are similar to the expandable heat screens for car dashboards - you know what I’m talking about?





The blue bag holds my extra plastic bags from grocery stores.  If I don’t use them, I take them to some of the stores that have recycling bins for the bags and recycle them there.

Oh, and a laundry bin, to wash the items that I’m keeping but need to be washed.





This bin that I keep these flour sack cloths in, I will keep as is, it will get moved and a few of the cloths will get put into a bin I bought last month from Tuesday Morning to be used as my informal cloth napkins.  I won’t care if they get stained, I can wash and use as rags.  These are inexpensive and can be found at most Walmart stores in the U.S.

So how did I do?

Trash or recycle:



Donate:



Keep and find a home:





How does the linen closet look now?





That middle space on the bottom section is for my next project, because a majority of my sheets are in a few separate locations and also need to be gone through!

Now for the stuff leaving my home?

On the left is the donate bag, the two to the right go to Animal Control for use as rags.  To the right of those is how SMALL those three bins fold into!  They now have new home in the linen closet!




Lest we forget the recycling bag:  that bag is in the back of the stack below.






No comments: