Saturday, November 18, 2017

Swedish Death Cleaning

I had never heard of this before, but it completely makes sense.  It's the decluttering version of creating an Estate Plan.

I am also a survivor of someone who didn't do this, and yes, I paid for it.  I have the pictures to prove it.




A few thoughts:

I got help in getting some of the big things out, namely the furniture that belonged to my sister and I.  For the rest of it, I took out of the house things that were indicative to my memories of Mom and Dad.  Papers.  A lot of papers that I will need to go through.  The rest, however, can be replaced.

I didn't get everything out, there wasn't enough time as the buyer wanted to close earlier than had been arranged, but it's okay.  I have pictures of the rooms with the furnishings that didn't make it.

Furthermore, I have the memories of spending time with my parents, which cannot be bought.





No comments: