Sunday, November 26, 2017

Pay Thy Debt And Live

These words bring new meaning to me in light of what has happened over the last six months.

I'm assuming you know I lost my Mother on July 13th, 2017.

I was within a year of being completely debt free, having worked for over three years to get to the last remaining debt that I owed, due to an overwhelming prompting I received to get out of debt in order to be in a better position to take care of my Mother.

In a way, I was able to do just that.

Because of my emergency savings, I was able to pay cash for most of the remaining costs of her funeral expenses.

Because of my low expenses that I have been living on, I was able to bankroll the  utility costs and the costs of taking care of her pets during the initial probate period in order to keep her house running while things got sorted out.

Because I have a home with extra space, I was able to house my sister who wished to be a co-representative with me in the affairs of Mom's estate.

Because I owed so little, I was able to take a reduced amount of the shared inheritance in order to acquire property my parents owned in another part of Arizona.

Because of the money I continue to earn with my job, I was able to continue to maintain life until the estate could be settled.

Because I had spent over three years working and paying off debt, the Lord's desires to bless me and to make my burden lighter (not gone, but lighter) were far easier for Him to accomplish.

Because of my preparations, while finances did get tight, my "barrel of meal" did not "waste" nor did my "cruz of oil" fail.  The Lord truly blessed us.




I have paid my debt, now is the time for the Lord to help me as I begin to live.




The original video can be found here:

https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2017-01-009-a-good-samaritan?lang=eng



Additional thoughts to ponder:



The original video can be found here:

https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2007-01-0005-the-mediator?lang=eng






No comments: