Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Emergency Preparedness

Tuesdays are my shopping days, so I went to Costco and Walmart.  It’s the slowest day of the week for stores, so the lines are shorter and less people to climb over trying to get through the aisles.

The gas line at Costco was short, if you compare it to Saturdays.  Trust me, I’ve been there.

After filling up the gas tank, I went in with a list of items to purchase.  These items were things I needed, but could wait a few days, mostly just restocking my cat food.

It was interesting to see what was going on.  I’m guessing people panicked about the Coronavirus (Covid 19) and people were stocking up on water and disinfectant wipes.  Oh, and toilet paper.

It’s great that people were stocking up, however if they had bought these items before the end of February, they could have gotten much of these items on sale.  Namely the disinfectant wipes.  I stocked up a while back and still have a nice little stock pile.

About the toilet paper.  At some point it runs out, what do you do then?  My husband and I invested in cloth diapers.  Clean, sanitize and you’ve got a renewable resource.




No comments: