Sunday, October 4, 2009

Singin' The Manilow Blues Part 3

Rarely have I had a Part 3 to any of my posts, but I wanted to post this:

This came from Manilow UK (United Kingdom):

Hi everyone

Well, things certainly have gotten exciting around here!

On the one hand, I'm really sorry to have caused so much pandemonium by postponing and canceling a few shows.On the other hand, I'm very glad that these shows mean so much to you.

Frankly, I'm not exactly sure whether the upset is that I cancelled a few shows or the way I cancelled them.

It seems to me that as soon as my doctors scheduled my surgery, I posted the rescheduling information with enough time for everyone to make new plans. After all, it's only a few shows, I thought.

The doctors tell me that I need between four and six weeks to recuperate so canceling six Hilton shows didn't seem like such a big deal and since the San Diego/Sacramento shows hadn't really been on sale for too long, it didn't seem as if that would cause too many people a lot of trouble.

But I guess I was wrong. So sorry if I was wrong. I really wasn't going to announce my personal, private hip troubles again, but I guess I have to since the freaking out seems to be getting out of hand.

You know, my friends, we're only human. I know many of you think I'm not, but stuff happens to humans. Deaths in the family, sicknesses, technical problems, late arrivals, etc. We all do the best we possibly can all the time to never disappoint you. But stuff happens to us humans. And as hard as we try, we just can't always be perfect.

Out of all the complaints there were only two people who wrote, "I hope Barry's okay". Only two. That was an eye-opener.

You must believe that when things like this happen- cancellations, postponements, delays - there is always a legitimate and unmovable reason for them.

You all must know by now, that me, Garry, John, Marc, Vicki, Kirsten and everyone at Stiletto take your loyalty and friendship very, very seriously and with the utmost responsibility.
If things like this happen, you have to know by now that we have looked at every way to fix problems and that there is absolutely nothing that we can do before we make decisions like this. We all know that it's going to cause people to be upset and it kills us to have to change things.

Causing you guys pain and upset is awful for all of us. We would never make these decisions if there were any other way out.

Once again, my sincere apology to anyone who has been affected by my personal problems.
I'll try to recover as fast as I can.

Barry


My prayers are with Barry, but I still have a few questions:

This was sent to the UK Fan Club, is this going to go out to the rest of the fan club?

The second question is: When is someone going to let San Diego and Sacramento know the shows have been postponed? They are still advertising and selling tickets for concerts that are not going to happen.

Third: How would anyone know something was medically wrong with him, given the hotline message sent to EVERYONE saying he was healthy and doing great?

Oh, and one more observation: For a long time Barry has read the message boards and pretended he knew nothing about them. I guess the cat is out of the bag now, he can no longer deny reading the message boards.

Again, my prayers are with Barry, I hope his surgery goes well.

Update: 11:52 am: Management has decided to post the message on the manilow.com
Update # 2: 8:44 pm: Somewhere around this time this message was removed from manilow.com

No comments: