Monday, October 5, 2009

Boy, What A Day!

This is probably going to be one of those boring posts you'll pass up.

The last two weeks (this is week #3), I've had a bad cough (I have asthma) and am running a low-grade fever.

Last Monday I saw my doctor, and was ordered to go home from the school. He said I had symptoms of H1N1 and because of the fever I was contagious. I went back to the school, turned in the note from the doctor, got my laptop out of the lab (I do a lot of work off of my laptop, but the school district will not issue me a company laptop) and went home.

I stayed home and stayed inside for a week. I mean it. I didn't leave the house until last night when I picked up the mail that was piling up in my mailbox.

I had to stay home today, as I've still got the fever and cough. I went to the doctor and got some antibiotics and was told to stay home another couple of days to give them a chance to work.

Afterwards I went ahead and did some shopping:

Gassed up the car at Costco
Picked up some food and non-food items at Costco (including the latest iCreate Magazine)
Did some shopping at the Walmart Supercenter by my home
Picked up my Odwalla and salads at Safeway

There is still painting going on outside my condo complex, this past week was my turn with my balcony and exterior walls, but the fumes from the paint haven't been real helpful with my lungs. The good news is, it forced me to get my balcony cleaned off so they could paint it. I'm thinking that's going to be a real blessing, I just need to get well again so I can go outside and enjoy the temperatures, once things start cooling off in hot, hot, hot Arizona.

I still have some things to catch up on, and am feeling better than I was last week.

I did get to watch some interesting things, although I've had the television off for most of this quarantine. I've watched Manilow TV, which I am still enjoying. Last night I watched an old version of the movie The Women (1939). It's roughly the same story as the newer version, but I was glad to see they updated Meg Ryan's character in the new version. Moving on with your life and becoming successful with something that is your passion can also be the best revenge to those who have said or done things to hurt you.

The really sad part is that I missed my 25 year high school reunion on Friday, although many are on facebook, so I'm becoming facebook friends with some of them and renewing old friendships.

It's been quite a day.

1 comment:

Shellee said...

Ugh, I didn't know you were sick! I am always wondering why I'm not seeing you at church. I always think of us being "two ships that pass in the night". We are there, we just don't happen to crash into each other! :)

Glad you're feeling better.