Sunday, May 6, 2018

The Sacrament Meeting Dream

On occasion I have dreams, sometimes they are not meant for others to hear about, but yesterday (Saturday) morning I awoke from a dream that I’ve been given to be shared.

In this dream, it was a Sunday and I was driving through a small town somewhere when I saw a building for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  There were cars there and so I stopped off to attend a Sacrament Meeting.

This was an older building, with stone used in various places in the Chapel, including the base of the pulpit.

When i sat down towards the back of the Chapel, I noticed that no one in the room seemed to be dressed in their Sunday Worship clothes, but rather in their daily work clothes instead.  This included the people sitting on the stand where the Bishopric would be sitting.  The meeting had not started yet, and there was no Sacrament laid out on the table as it should be.  I was a little confused and people were heard asking the men sitting on the stand what was supposed to happen next and the men shrugged their shoulders and said they didn’t know how these things were done.  None of these people were members of thc Church, none of them obviously held the Priesthood.

For those of you who know me, this will come as no surprise.  Alpha Dawn stepped up and went to the podium, the microphone was turned on and working.

I asked if there were any Melchizedek Priesthood holders in the room.  Only one man held up his hand, however it was clear he had been beaten up and was bleeding from the face.  I told him to go to the emergency room and get treated for his injuries.  He and his wife left.  

I then asked if there were any Aaronic Priesthood holders in the room?  No one raised there hand.  The men sitting behind me?  They had no clue as to what I was referring to.  I told them they could go back to the congregation and join their families.  They did so peacefully.

I then introduced myself, Cassandra Dawn Bushman, widow of Jacques Decker Bushman who holds the Melchizedek Priesthood and whom I share his Priesthood through.  

I then said we will not have an opening hymn, but I would give the prayer.  I gave a prayer to invite Heavenly Father, Jesus and the Holy Ghost into the meeting.  This was not going to be the traditional Sacrament Meeting in this Church, it was going to be more of a Sunday School lesson from the Pulpit.

I then went on to give the lesson, found in Genesis.

Which lesson did I give, under the direction of the Lord?  The difference between the Sacrifice of Cain vs. the Sacrifice of Abel.

The difference being, that these two men had watched how their father, Adam, had made Sacrifices unto Jehovah for years and knew what the protocols were for doing so.  Cain did not follow those protocols, even down to the verbiage used for his sacrificial prayer.  Abel followed the protocols, down to the verbiage of his prayer.  His exactness displayed a reverence for Jehovah while the other did not.

The feeling from the congregation at this meeting was that while they were in the appropriate location, they were not following the appropriate protocols for a Sacrament Meeting that would be approved by the Lord to take place.  They did not have the appropriate authority from Jesus Christ to even handle the appropriate protocols, even if they did know what was done in a Sacrament Meeting.

At that point, the dream ended, but it ended with a feeling of love towards these people, in the hopes they would be reaching out to the holders of the Priesthood to bring back the Church’s meetings according to the Lord’s protocols, not man’s.

As the widow of a High Priest Group Leader, I was witness to a lot of things happening behind the scenes that is required of the Priesthood to make the Church run that is never seen publicly.  It requires a group of people, each with their appointment duties to make sure there is music, there are Priesthood holders available to set up, bless and pass the Sacrament, people to give talks on top of the Priesthood being present to officiate and make sure everything is done appropriately, even down to the verbiage of the Sacrament Prayer.

How blessed are the rest of us who can walk in and enjoy the fruits of that labor.




No comments: