Saturday, May 12, 2018

Planning For The Week Ahead

What I try to do is to use my daily planner to remind me of things I need to buy at the grocery store, or other stores for my errands on my way home.  During the weekends I catch up on laundry and dishes and do a basic wipe down of my kitchen, so I have clean counters for the week.  On Mondays I have grocery and gas day, so I stop off at Costco on my way home from work, gas up the car and pick up what is needed from there.  Then I head to Walmart and pick up what is needed from there.  All based on my list, of course.

Tuesdays are snail mail and finance days, the evenings set aside to look at the mail for any bills that have come in, and to check how my accounts are doing.  Also some planning for future known expenses is done during this time.

Wednesdays are recycling day, so I actually go after work on Wednesday evening.  Why?  Because the bins fill up so quickly I can’t find anyplace to put the cardboard recycling if I go later during the week, and Saturdays are pretty much a gamble as to whether the bins will be empty enough then.

Thursday is the day for litter boxes, dishes and trash.  The reason for this is that the trash pickup is on Fridays.  There will be more over the weekend to go out by Sunday evening, but this can give me a jump start.

Friday evenings are basically my crash evenings.  A lot of times I’m in bed by 8.  No joke.

However, if I’m really good (a lot of times I’m not), then I already have my following week planned by the time I reach the weekend prior.  I don’t know if that makes any sense, but there you have it.














No comments: