Friday, May 18, 2018

Surgery Time

I’m at the Sheratin Four Points hotel in Gilbert about 1 hour and. 15 minutes before I’m supposed to be at the outpatient surgery center.  At this point, I’m hungry, thirsty, but I’m also calm.  I’m feeling the peace promised in the Priesthood Blessing given last night by the Ministering Brother assigned to me and another very special brother from the Ward.  They were my rescuers when I found Mom, and took me home from the hospital that night.

I’m staying at this hotel because the surgical center is 45 minutes to an hour away from my home and I am not doing that with a belly full of carbon dioxide gas from the Laparoscopic surgery.  We’ll see what happens, but I know that God will get me through.

I went over and fed the cats this morning and got a few things done around the house before I left and came back over here.  I spent last night here, just so I could have a good night’s rest, and I knew there might be issues with checking in before noon today.  That would have put it in the start of the surgery

I slept really well last night.  I tried watching tv, but it was not interesting enough for me.  

A good friend and former roommate from my pre-Decker days is going to pick me up and drive me over and back.  She’ll be with me for at least the first few hours after the surgery.  We’ll see how I do after that.

I’ll post more later.

Update:  5/18/17

I’m home now, cats are fed and happy.

The doctor drained 300cc of fluid from the cyst, even the anesthesiologist was shaking his head and telling me it was big.  They removed the cyst but kept the ovary.

The nausea hit a peak so I was repeatedly getting sick in the recovery area and at the hotel.  The doctor called his office to have nausea meds called in.

Thankfully, because I drove around the area last week so I would know where things were at, I was able to give them the crossroads for the nearest Walgreens.

I was also smart in bringing a six pack of 7up and two packages of crackers which kept me going through the night while keeping up on the meds.

Hotel was nice, I was on the sixth floor and had a nice view.  Given all of the craziness that I went through after the surgery, it turned out that the local hotel room was the best option for me overall.

My friend was fantastic in keeping an eye on me and picking up the additional prescriptions for me.  At some point I am going to be treating her to a nice dinner.  It was great catching up with her.

Right now I am limited to lifting up to 10 pounds.




No comments: