Friday, May 25, 2018

Escaping Home

I had surgery on May 17th, a week ago yesterday.  Today, since I had a previously planned dental appointment (only making impressions for the implants, no needles, no blood), I decided to try to squeeze as my as I could within the few hours while the ibuprofen was working.

I went to the dentist 

Put gas in the car

Bought a few items < 10 pounds in weight at Costco 

Groceries at Walmart

Drove home and put groceries away.

Drove with flash drive to work to print and signed next year’s contract.

Drove to the home of family whom I grew up with, whom also live across from Mom’s former home.  Took a card I had purchased for their 60th wedding anniversary, but ran out of time before surgery to deliver it to them.  Had a great visit and a look at the remodeled house I had grown up in.  I’m happy to see it looking so good and in the hands of new owners whom I hear are very nice.  

Picked up a package at UPS that was delivered on the day of my surgery.

By this poin, nausea had finally given way to hunger and I treated myself to French toast at Cracker Barrel.  Yum.

Now I’m safely home, needing to feed the cats and take a dose of pain meds.

No comments: