Sunday, March 25, 2018

Success!

Today was the annual picnic for the retirees (and one remaining employee) of Sky Chefs.  My Mother used to spear head the occasion, this time it was one of the other ladies who made many of the phone calls to keep it going.  It sounds like they are wanting to keep the annual tradition, so I’m thankful they still want me to come.  I brought a video of Mom and Dad I had made after Dad’s death while I was working at Laird, which people seemed to really enjoy.

For food, I made a batch of the Corn Casserole Mom would make on special occasions, although Mom usually took baked beans for these potlucks.  I’ll have to remind myself to do that next year.

The Corn Casserole, though, was a success!


The Recipe:

Corn Casserole
(From Fran Sells)

1# can Cream style Corn
2/3 cup coarse crushed saltine cracker crumbs
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1 egg
2 Tbsp finely cut onions (or minced onions)
½ tsp dry mustard
Salt & Pepper to taste.

Mix well in a large bowl the above ingredients.  Pour into buttered 1 ½ qt. Casserole dish.  Bake 50 – 55 minutes in 350° oven until firm.  Test with knife…when it comes out clean, it’s done.  Do not undercook.


No comments: