Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I Spoke Too Soon!

In one of my previous posts, I talked about Earmarks and how they affect our National Budget and ultimately our National Debt (or the Deficit). I guess I spoke too soon! My Mother told me today about an article she read in the paper about H. Ross Perot and a web site he has put together with a series of charts that actually give the facts of what I was referring to when I spoke about the debt we have as a nation, and how much of it is being financed by other countries.

Here is the article in The Washington Post.

Here is the link to the web site H. Ross Perot put together: PerotCharts.com.

If H. Ross Perot sounds familiar to you, he ran for President of the U.S. as an Independent in 1992. Now, he is not seeking any public office, but he has put this out as something for everyone to have access to.

If you look at the presentation at the bottom left of the screen, it takes you to a series of slides to explain some of the graphics you will see. A lot of it contained items I had read about in Alan Greenspan's book "The Age of Turbulence", however the slides starting from #23 and forward should be more alarming to the average household.

Be sure to check this out!

No comments: