Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Goals

I checked this blog to see if I had achieved any of the goals I had set out for myself this year and found that I never made any.  I was too sick.

This year I’m feeling better than I have in years!  I am so thankful to our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ for sticking with me to see the blessings at the end of 2019.

The decade of 2010-2019 was a very painful one, but towards the end it was also a decade of tremendous growth.

Because of the depression medication, my metabolism and autoimmune systems have awoken and I ended up 19 pounds less by the beginning of December.  I also haven’t been sick to the degree that I was in 2018.  

Because of the hormone pellets, my nails are growing out and my skin is softer and less dry.

God and Jesus spent this last decade changing my life in drastic ways, a new job and the loss of my Mother.  With 2019 spent in therapy, I’ve been able to confront issues that I’ve had with forgiveness and learning what forgiveness is and what it isn’t.  I’ve spent this past year slowly letting go of a lot of pain, guilt, shame, sin, anxiety, depression, anger and so much more.

I do still have days where getting out of bed seems impossible, but my life is no longer consumed by these days in multiples.


As for 2020, I want to look forward with faith and a few goals for the year and the decade.

For this year:

I want to spend more time studying scripture and continually learning with the Come Follow Me program for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

I want to attend Church regularly and get a Temple Recommend.

I want to pay off the debt incurred in medical bills in 2019.

I want to get back into writing the book that I stopped during my Mother’s final years.

I will be taking Skillshare classes (I have a paid subscription).


This Decade:

I want to travel more

I want to attend General Conference in person.

I know there are more goals, but I’m so tired after last night’s merrymaking I can’t think of anything else at the moment.


No comments: