Thursday, January 30, 2020

Dream 1/30/2020

Dream 1/30/2020


This morning I found myself in a man’s home, where I was entertaining his young daughter.  She was very much interested in the trinkets and objects of this world, as her father clearly also was by the size and intricacy of his house.  He lacked for nothing.


The little girl decided she didn’t like me (I actually believe in consequences for misdeeds) and her father and his friends gave a few minutes to grab my personal possessions and leave.  He and his friends kept running after me, and I found buildings were cooperating and helping with his efforts. I knew I needed to start letting go of possessions (namely clothes).


As I weaved in and out of buildings, I came upon an answer to my prayer, a winged wooden platform designed to fly supplies around the city.  I ran over to get one and found myself being aided by my late Mother, who had me leave behind the rest of my possessions as we tried to pump the wings to get airborne.  My Mother was still in her 83 year old body, but was now able to run, jump and lift items beyond how she was in life. I dumped the remaining items and we took off. We went past scores of high end stores and audiences captivated by the latest game show. I no longer had any desire for the material possessions offered by these.


The next thing I saw Mom and I landed the platform in a small community untouched by the sophisticated world of the city we had just left.  An earthquake could be felt as the city in the distance was swallowed up in the earth.  


Mom gave me a hug and told me I was going to be okay.  She left me with the most precious possession, my life.



I awoke with gratitude for my Mother; this my first dream of her since her passing 2 1/2 years ago.

I’ve also come to the conclusion that I should no longer watch decluttering videos at 2am.




No comments: