Saturday, November 23, 2019

Beauty For Ashes

Isaiah Prophecies of Christ

Source:  
https://media.ldscdn.org/images/media-library/christmas/prophet-isaiah-foretells-christs-birth-39469-gallery.jpg

This past Thursday (November 21st), I learned a new lesson from God.

I have a coworker who hasn’t always been kind towards me, much of it undeserved.  This coworker is now starting the caregiving journey I have finished, so the amount of stress this person is experiencing has pretty much tripled.

Thursday this individual was going to pick up family at the airport and were super stressed about all of the paperwork associated with healthcare of the people in their charge.

I had on my desk their solution.  The mean Dawn was thinking I should let this person suffer, but my good side took over and I brought a multi-tabbed envelope, similar to what I used with my Mother, to sort out all of the health forms based upon the various doctors we go to as we get older, to this person and explained to this person how to use it.  The light bulb turned on and they realized there is a way to sort and store everything you accumulate from various doctors and hospitals and this was the solution they needed.k

I later heard from my boss he had heard about the gift I had given.

This Holy Ghost hit me strong when I returned to my desk with a clear message:  beauty for ashes.

I remembered this from the Holy Bible, however I had to look up where it was found.  It comes from Isaiah Chapter 61:3.

To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;...

Instead of giving an eye for an eye, give love the way our Savior loves and cares for each of us, even when we don’t deserve it.

By providing some assistance and some relief, I demonstrated the love of Jesus Christ and His ability to provide for us the help we all need from Him.

Even when someone is burning their bridges with you, you can still give beauty for the ashes.


No comments: