Friday, January 25, 2019

One Week On Medication

Last Friday night I started new medication prescribed as part of my depression / anxiety therapy, as well as grieving therapy.

It was a little rough at the start, which was why I waited until a weekend to start it, and thankfully it turned out to hit on a three day weekend to give me more time to get acclimated to it.

There is still some issues with sleeping and restless leg syndrome, but I am getting things worked out, namely with ibuprofen to help block the aching that I feel causes the restlessness.

There has also been more tremors, but 1/2 dose of the Primidone has helped with that.  

I’ve had more energy as a result of all of this, meaning I’ve not depended so heavily on chocolate.  Those cravings have decreased.

I have had to deal with nausea first thing in the morning, as the medication is in my system, but I don’t have any food in my stomach, so the nausea sets in.  The first morning back to work, Tuesday, I brought breakfast and some 7 up for my stomach.  Since then, I’ve been able to handle breakfast without the 7 up.  Again, once food is in my stomach, the nausea goes away.

All in all, I’m thankful for this.

I also had a huge blessing in that I went to my cardiologist and found out the PET scan that was done on me during break showed everything was clean, and I have a healthy heart.  The chest pains I’ve had over the last few years has been largely due to stress.  With the medication I’ve started, those chest pains have not come back.

Progress!

No comments: