Thursday, January 3, 2019

Not 100% But Much Better

It’s Thursday and while my voice is still pretty much toast, my throat no longer feels like it’s on fire and I can now swallow without a tremendous amount of pain.  It’s irritated, but not raging pain.

It felt so good to get a shower and be able to leave the house to get some groceries.  I have been running out of the usual food and started raiding my pantry (which needed to be gone through anyway) and fixed my cream of chicken soup - rice - corn with American cheese and minced onion flakes as a different touch.  It was delicious.  My taste buds totally woke up.

The last few nights I’ve actually been able to sleep around 6 hours, for a good week I was averaging about 2 - 3 hours per night and was completely sleep deprived.  Not helpful when trying to heal.

Among the other foods purchased, I got some salad and ate some for lunch.  

Thankful my doctor was willing to see me on short notice and prescribed the medications I needed or this might have ended up in the ER.

Progress.

No comments: