Sunday, January 20, 2019

A Fantastic Resource for LDS Women With Depression & Anxiety

At first I ordered the workbook, without realizing it was for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.


Photo from Amazon.com


I started with the workbook and found that I wanted to read the book it accompanies.  I purchased it as an ebook, and at that point I finally saw that the book was written for female members of my faith.  This book spoke to me from the very beginning.  The description of what I have been experiencing for decades was spot on.  SPOT. ON.

Now that I am getting professional counseling, I showed the books to the counselor and the psychiatrist, they were both glad to see that I was wanting to take an active role in healing.

I want to heal, but I know a lot of wounds from unfinished grieving are going to be re-opened in this process, I know it’s not going to be pretty.  I need to develop healthy tools to be able to handle the blows that life seems to be determined to throw at me.

The links I’m giving for Amazon are not affiliated links.



Remember:  These books are not a substitute for professional help.  If you suffer from depression or anxiety, seek professional help.

No comments: