Tuesday, October 12, 2010

LDS Church Responds To HRC Petition

Let me make a few things clear.

For me, I agree completely with what has been said here. I believe, as does my Church that Marriage should only exist between a man and a woman. Marriage is ordained of God, not man.

I will also state that I agree that any bullying or harassment of an individual or group should not be tolerated.

I will further state this: that while, as a country, we believe in the rights of the individual, we should also remember that there are rights to worship. And, last I checked, the freedom to express your worship in however way you please should be not only individual, but also as a Church. People have no right in dictating to a Church what they should and should not believe because it is not "politically correct". In my personal opinion, God has made his judgements clear and has not ever changed his mind.

Any attempt to harass others because of their religious beliefs is also bullying.



That said, there are a number of articles and resources talking about bullying:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/studentnews/09/30/antibullying.resource/index.html

http://www.delicious.com/lairdleopard/internet_safety

No comments: