Monday, August 30, 2010

September Is Ovarian Cancer Month



Thankfully, I was one of the lucky ones, or blessed, depending upon how you look at it. Back in April, a large cyst was found growing inside my right ovary. By the time I had surgery on May 13th, it had grown to over 13 cm's in length and a little over 2 pounds in weight. But I was very lucky, it was benign.

Yes, I lost an ovary, but I got my life back.

If you show any of the symptoms shown in the video, get a checkup. I'm thankful I did.

For more information: http://www.ovariancancerawareness.org/home.aspx

I will also say I found out who my friends were during that time, and who they were not. Friends and loved ones I grew closer to from School and Church, while I got banned from a fan club site while being tested for cancer. Puts things into perspective, doesn't it?

No comments: