Friday, March 8, 2019

Colonoscopy Time!

It’s been put off for over a year, but it’s finally time to bite the bullet and get my first colonoscopy.

As of writing this, I’ve started my final fast after two doses of laxative solution.  It’s 3 am in the morning.

I took to heart my mother’s feelings and experiences in getting hers done and prepared, by staging the bathroom for taking the solutions as well as the two bottles of water.  The green bottle had the chilled water to mix into the solutions, the blue had the normal lukewarm water I normally drink.  That would take care of the additional 16 ozs of water you have to drink in addition to the solutions.

I also had the foresight to bring my cell phone, my iPad Pro, my charging block, and a pail for when I threw up the solution after about 15-30 minutes.  I still had enough in my system, plus the liquid diet from the prep day, to do the job.  

I used the iPad Pro to watch videos while I sat on the toilet.

I will be so glad I took the thoughtful provisions that I did!












No comments: