Thursday, March 14, 2019

A Very Productive Day!

This morning I had a doctor’s appointment in downtown Phoenix, so I took the light rail and was VERY thankful I did.  There is so much road construction going on right now, everything just seems to be getting torn up.  The light rail is unhindered in this, so there’s no detours it has to take.

I didn’t have time for breakfast before I left this morning, so after the appointment, I crossed the street to Park Central Mall and had breakfast for the first time at Daily Watch.  I’m usually one of the people who likes to try out everyone’s take on French Toast, theirs is delicious, rivalling my favorite at Cracker Barrel.

I’m thankful I filled up on French Toast and Orange Juice, I took the light rail back to 1st Ave and Jefferson so I could go to the County Records.  Since I was off this week, I thought I’d take advantage and finally jump through the hoops I knew was going to be needed to get a new passport.  My previous one was from 1996 - pre-Decker - and was still in my maiden name.  I already had my birth certificate, I needed a certified copy of my marriage record in order to legally show the name change.  I just forgot one thing:  the picture.  This meant I had to hike back 5 blocks to the CVS store to pay to have my photo taken for the passport.  Then, the hike back over to the office.  Once I got everything set up, it took over an hour wait to get everything done, and solemnly swear it was all correct.

YAY!  It’s done and on it’s way!

I made the hike back 5 blocks to the light rail station and rode the train back to my car at the park and ride.  

I then drove to Costco and gassed up the car.

Then I went to Walmart and made a BRIEF shopping trip, as my body is hurting from all of the walking.  I definitely reached whatever threshold there is on steps today.

I’m now home and at 6pm I am finally starting to get hungry again.

I guess it’s about time for dinner, meds and bed.

No comments: