Saturday, March 9, 2019

A Cautionary Tale

I used to be a subscriber to Money Magazine.  In fact, I still buy digital issues, but not a subscription. The reason for this was simply that at the time I was not retiring anytime soon, I was already contributing to my 401K working in banking, and I was not married with kids.  There was a lot of their content that didn’t pertain to me, and for the most part, there still isn’t.  Maybe when I’m closer to retirement, I’ll take another look.

But here is a cautionary tale about the people writing for these magazines, because when you read their articles, you may not know what businesses or products they may be pushing because they are paid for it.

A very interesting article from The New York Times:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/01/your-money/money-answers-man-jordan-goodman.html?utm_source=digg&utm_medium=email

No comments: