Saturday, December 1, 2018

What A Week!

This past week has been a full and crazy week!

I had the oral “surgery” on Tuesday morning - only it turned out to not be surgery.  I was told there would be a small incision and 1 or 2 stitches.  But because of my dental care regimen, the area was opened up from the teeth brushing, so all that was required was topical numbing gel and putting some pressure to switch the tip of the implant to the tip that will allow the implant to go in.  No cutting, no stitches.

That’s okay, I’m enjoying the food anyway.

While I was out, I went ahead and gassed up the car at Costco and picked up a few items.  I also took out a large amount of recycling.  Then I took a three hours nap.  I needed it after an apprehensive night’s sleep.

Wednesday we had a big meeting at work to talk about some of the upcoming work we will be doing and also the plans for the family our department is sponsoring for Christmas.  I had mentioned that I should probably see about getting another one of the rolling trunks so that the goodies can be delivered in it.  That evening after going home, I checked my email and found that the Container Store had them on sale for a 1 day only Cyber Week sale.  I went ahead and ordered it to pick it up at my favorite store Thursday evening.  And since I had already purchased stuff totaling over $100 previously, I had a $20 credit on my Pop account, so between the sale price and the $20 discount, I purchased a $40 trunk for $13.

Thursday I picked it up, along with the bags for the gifts.  I drew two gifts, because as it turns out, two of the angels on the tree asked for items I already had at home.  That Costco trip on Tuesday?  I picked up a package of journal books - which ended up being one of the angel requests.  The other was for a set of glasses, which I had back in the closet from a wedding gift from 20 years ago.  I had two 4 packs of glasses that are now in the bag purchased for the family.

Friday, after work, I stopped by Changing Hands bookstore to pick up a dictionary and thesaurus for the journal writer and found a book I was thinking about ordering for myself on sale.  So I picked that up and the two books for the student.  At checkout I realized I still had my frequent customer stamped cards - with one of them filled up already - so I saved $10.00 on my purchase, cutting the amount to almost half of what I was paying.

Today I started gathering everything so I could wrap it all in the bags - I got the glasses out and pulled out one of my extra pencil boxes (I stock up on them every year at back to school time at Walmart) and got some unopened packages of pens and highlighters I had in my own stash and put them in the pencil box for the journal writer.  No charge for those, either!

AND it helps to declutter my home!

Progress!

No comments: