Monday, December 31, 2018

Happy New Year

Welcome 2019!

I am still working on my goals - I’ve been sick since Christmas Day.  On the 27th I had a PET Stress Test Scan and had trouble with my sinuses and the coughing.

On Friday I went to the local urgent care with coughing and a sore throat only to be told I had a virus and it would go away in a few days.

Nope.  By Friday night, my throat was on fire and the coughing was getting more intense.

Now, it’s Tuesday and I spent the weekend using a bunch of different medications plus some hot herbal tea to keep me going over the weekend.

On Monday I called my primary care physician’s office and they were very kind in getting me in yesterday morning.  Particularly after I told them that my throat was so sore I was having a lot of trouble swallowing.  That was no joke.

The doctor took a look at my throat and indicated that it looked very painful.  Yep.

Now I’m on the antibiotics and steroids that I need.  

The doctor also said that the mucus from my sinus passages was seeping out through the tear ducts in my eyes.  So he also prescribed some eye drops for me to start after I’ve been on the other meds for a couple of days.

I got home and made a few phone calls and posts, then I went to an appointment to have a psychiatric evaluation done.  I’ve decided, with everything that has happened over the last 18 months, and the feeling of being emotionally drained and checked out, that I need to get some help for the depression and anxiety.  We decided we would start with therapy and see how that goes before any medication needs are looked into.

This is definitely going to be a new and different year.


No comments: