Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Productive Day!

My eyes are tired, but a quick post before I go to bed.

I got a call on Monday that there was a water leak being found in my downstairs neighbors house.

During that time:  I called the plumber I go through, they couldn’t show up until the next morning.  The next morning turned into 5:30 in the evening after I told the receptionist at 12:30 that waiting three hours isn’t going to work for me, considering I was trying to get back to work.  They came and found the house appeared dry.  I notified the contractor working on the condo downstairs from me.  Turns out the neighbor is going to be selling his condo and is having it fixed and some remodeling done to get a better price on it.  That would explain the days of banging and thuds, as well as coming home to find the water sputtering out of the faucet because it had been turned off earlier.  I had pretty much figured the neighbor downstairs was having renovations done, but it would have been nice to hear about it before experiencing it.  

The plumber came this morning so we could see what was the problem was, and yes, my incoming cold water pipe was leaking, however it was under the concrete, so that would explain why nothing showed up in my condo.  The plumber was indicating he night not be able to get to it, and wanted $450 for the job.  He said this to me in front of the neighbor and the contractor.  After we both left (the man left for his next gig and I left to go back to work), I got a call from the contractor:  the job shouldn’t cost any more than $175 and I was being taken for a ride.  He offered to do it, and indicated the neighbor wasn’t sure he wanted someone who didn’t want to do the job anyway, so I called the plumber’s office and told them the neighbor wanted his contractor to make the fix instead and they agreed after talking to the plumber who came.

A lot of stress, anxiety but a much better outcome.  Since then, I’ve started putting some of the stuff from the area affected back where it belongs in the living room, going through some grocery purchases from Monday night, taking a load of cans and plastics to the recycling center, running a load of dishes, and a load of laundry.

I think I’m finally tired enough to sleep, now.  LOL.

Have a great evening.

No comments: