Monday, June 11, 2018

Hello, Menopause!

With everything else I’ve been through (widowed at 33, lost Dad at 40, lost Mom at 50), you would think I would catch a break, right?

Nope.

The doctor confirmed what I had already suspected:  I am now officially in menopause.

That and my sugar was up, but given the diet of M&M’s I’ve been eating lately, yeah.  No surprise there.

My cholesterol was good, as well as my vitamin D.

So, given this information at work, and on a grocery day, I went to Walmart and spent $132.  Some of it was catch up, but a lot of it was emotional spending, and more than I had budgeted for.  Buy hey, it’s menopause, that means limited to no sweets, trying to find a way to get some exercise in,, and popping loads of vitamins.  I’m already on One A Day 50+, Vitamin D and Super B Complex.  I figure I’ll start adding Caltrate to the mix.

My Magnesium was low, but I live in a desert.  A hot desert.  While experiencing hot spells.  Yep.

I did find this article to help:  
https://www.everydayhealth.com/hs/guide-to-managing-menopause/the-optimal-menopause-diet/

There is a part of me that wants to binge watch The Golden Girls.  LOL.  Welcome to menopause.


No comments: