Wednesday, February 19, 2020

A Wonderful Evening of Family History

It’s 4am and I’m awake.  I’ve been waking up several times during the night as the cats have been climbing on top of me for most of the night.

I’m still jittery from last night’s Women’s Meeting at Evergreen Ward where a wonderful couple, just returned from a Family History Mission, gave a wonderful lesson on a portion of what they have learned.  It was a fantastic, and emotional evening.

I did make an attempt at playing the piano, and it was starting to come back to me by the end of the song.  LOL.  My first attempt was not good at all but people were very nice about it.

The real kicker for me came from a video where a man was talking about his wife’s parents and the tours of the house he would give as each child and grandchild would arrive home from the hospital.  It became a family tradition that he carried out on the last day of the mother in law’s life.  Very heart wrenching for me to picture something like that with my parents and their house.

I finally started to grieve again this morning.

No comments: