Thursday, July 11, 2019

11 July 2019

This past week has been stressful and emotional.

On Sunday, I went to Church for the first time in a while and found Decker was there with me.  He helped to keep me calm and to remind me of what it was like attending Church with him while he was alive.  I started sobbing after Sacrament Meeting was over and had trouble stopping.  I also received a Priesthood Blessing for this week’s biopsy and upcoming surgery.

On Tuesday, my coworker was home sick from work.  At a point when I was alone in the office, I looked over to her desk and saw that an iMac was turned on with the camera pointed to my desk.  I was looking at the video feed and saw a black “shadow person” walk away from where I was sitting.  I’ve heard footsteps in the room before with no one there, this was the first time I got any kind of visual hint that someone has been hanging around.  It’s never anything threatening or destructive, but it is a little startling.

Wednesday I was getting caught up on the work that was left on my desktop from last week’s stomach bug.

Today I had the biopsy.  I took a couple of ibuprofen before I left and was thankful I did.  The medical staff were unable to access the area for the biopsy, so it was stopped.  As I’ve not had children, my body is not stretched out.  The pain was significant as they tried and decided this was not going to work. I went home with tears in my eyes feeling completely dejected from the experience.  They made it clear it wasn’t my fault and the health insurance company needed to realize that my body isn’t going to tolerate this.

I went home this afternoon and ended up sleeping for 4 1/2 hours.

I’m feeling sore and there has been some bleeding, but it will pass.

Onward.

No comments: