Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Will July Be Your Month of Independence?

My plan is for me to go on a different fast from social media - Influences that are a waste of my time.

The drama channels?  Unsubscribed.  None of that drama, while it gets addicting to watch, has nothing to do with me.  Plus, apparently some of these people don’t like members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  One fo the videos asked if anyone had read a book that they could not put down.  I mentioned The Peacegiver by James Ferrell.  Fantastic book that I need to listen to again and again, but it “outed” me as a “Mormon”.  Now no ones likes or replies to my comments.  I’ve become persona non grata.  Goodbye Sisters.

Horror Movie Reviews - I was never into horror movies as a kid, while I enjoyed some family friendly stuff (The Ghost & Mr. Chicken), the other stuff gave me nightmares.  I still don’t do the slasher films, but some of the more haunting movies have peaked my curiosity, so I watch the reviews of these movies to see which ones I might tolerate.  The problem is this:  last year I noticed that I had gone numb emotionally and I started watching stuff that I normally would never watch.  Namely stuff on death and horror.  I need to fill my mind with things that are going to be uplifting, not scary.  I’ve unsubscribed from these channels.  I’ve witnessed and experienced enough real horror in my life.

I will be continuing to work on paying off the medical debt that is on my one and only credit card.  I’m almost there, however there has been a snag in the road, namely that I will be having another laparoscopic surgery again.  I meet with the doctor/surgeon to find out what he wants to do. 

More on that later.


No comments: