Saturday, May 11, 2019

Happy Women’s Day

Tomorrow makes Mother’s Day.

The only problem is, I’m not a Mother.

You see all of this dates back to my being in Young Women in my Church, even though I was not a member of the Church at that time.

“You are a Mother in Zion”, I’ve been told.  “I’ll be a Mother in the eternities.” I’ve been told.

Here’s the problem.

My husband is dead.  That was a choice from God.

I was not able to have children while he was alive.  That was another choice from God.

I have spent my life existing on unfulfilled expectations.  Waiting for the return of my husband, waiting for the opportunity to have and raise my beautiful children, waiting to be included in the mommy groups and to have other mothers come and visit with me while our children play together.

I’m still waiting.

The only fulfilled expectation that I have at this point is the grave site and marker that have already been bought and paid for.

That’s what is waiting for me.

Please stop wishing me a Happy Mother’s Day.  Instead, wish me a Happy Women’s Day.

Because I’m not a Mother.  Because I am a Woman.  Because my worth as a woman and a Daughter of God is not dependent upon my uterus.

I am enough.

No comments: