Saturday, August 11, 2018

Happy, Happy Saturday

Last night was fun at Doc & Eddy’s, a local sports bar with some pretty good food.

I’ve been so sick and taking so much medication, though, I don’t think my taste buds were up to it, but I was so hungry I ate way more than I usually do these days.

So I came home half sick at my stomach.

My home is in complete chaos.  FlyLady chaos.  This past week has been the week of major storms on a daily basis - welcome to Monsoon season.  With that means you have to time any house cleaning to make sure you’re not trying to do it during a blackout.  It also means that Dawn wakes up during the storms in the middle of the night, and doesn’t sleep until the storms are done.  Pretty much not much sleep this past week.

This doesn’t help the bronchitis I’ve been fighting.

It was also the first week of school, complete with blackouts and flooding, on top of the normal stuff we deal with when students return to school.  It made for a challenging week.

The political news has been crazy.  I don’t remember a time in history when there has been so much turbulence in every aspect of a person’s normal life than what we have right now.

I’ve had my breakfast, the cats have had their breakfast, I’ve run a load of dishes and taken out a bag of trash.  I need to get started on laundry and, despite having slept in until 7, I need to take a nap.

Have a safe and great day today.  

No comments: