Saturday, April 21, 2018

This Past Week...

This past week wasn’t the greatest of weeks, but I’m still in one piece.

On Tuesday I went to my gynecologist and got a new scan done of the ovarian cyst that was found during my annual check up last month.

Last month the cyst was the size of a grapefruit, they told me it has grown.  I can now tell this because I’m having more bouts of nausea, my pants are fitting tighter and I’m having more trouble reaching my shoelaces to tie them for work each day.

I asked for a digital copy of the ultrasound and posted it to my Facebook page.  I figure if my friends can post pictures of their babies’ ultrasounds, I should at least be able to post this.  I couldn’t get pregnant when Decker was alive, and the surgery involved will be to drain the cyst and make the ovary no longer functioning as far as hormones are concerned.  I’m figuring we will have the conversation after the surgery to determine if I will be needing hormone replacement therapy after the surgery.

Here it is:



I spent the rest of the week making up the 3 hour block I ended up needing off work to take care of this.  Thankfully there was an evening meeting at work on Wednesday, so I wasn’t by myself in the building and I was able to easily make up the time.  Little blessings.

Friday was the day where a lot of things were going wrong at work, my body was feeling wonky and then, in the middle of working, I was munching on a Ritz cracker when I heard a snap in my mouth.  The “flapper” or “partial” that was made for the area for oral surgery #1 snapped apart in my mouth.  No bueno.  I’ve taken it out and am leaving it out until I see the oral surgeon on Tuesday for surgery #3.

At some point things will fall into place, until then I’m just trying to keep moving forward.

No comments: