Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Update #3



Here is the latest news:

I will be having laparoscopic surgery, using a robot similar to the one pictured above, on May 13th. It's a Thursday, so hopefully things will work out well. The procedure is expected to take 1 1/2 hours.

I will be staying overnight for observation before going home on Friday, probably Friday morning. I'm planning on staying at my own home, and not my Mother's home, although we'll see how well I'm doing when I leave the hospital before anything is set in stone.

The down time for this is about 1 week.

This Friday I have a pre-surgical visit with a nurse to go over what to expect and what I will and will not be able to do following the surgery. I'm assuming running a marathon will be somewhere on the list. LOL.

I'm looking forward to this being over and being able to move on with life, although the thought of going under the knife and staying in a hospital isn't exactly comforting to me.

Many thanks for the continued good thoughts and prayers on my behalf, they have been very much appreciated.

2 comments:

Shellee said...

I always look at surgery as my own little vacation from the world. It'll be done before you know it and I actually enjoy hospital food. Let me know which hospital you'll be in and I'll just "happen on by"!

Dawn Bushman said...

I'm going to be staying overnight at Scottsdale Healthcare at Shea. I know it's quite a drive, but it was the hospital that has the robotic equipment the doctor needs.

I'm looking forward to sleep right now. I've been so stressed out from EVERYTHING that I've not been sleeping.

I would love to see you, but please make sure it won't cause any harm to the jellybean, I hope that situation is okay?

Take care,

Dawn