Friday, December 22, 2017

It’s Almost Christmas?

This past week has been hectic, but do-able.

Last week I had received confirmation that Mom’s bills (what didn’t get paid from Medicare and her supplemental insurance was written off.  A huge blessing I am very grateful for.

That meant that last Saturday (Dec. 16) I was able to close out Mom’s accounts and get the money divided between my sister and myself.  That is done.

On December 15th, my new iPad Pro (12.9 inches) was delivered, so on the 16th I picked up the keyboard and a carrying case for it.  It’s gorgeous, and I’m typing this post on it right now.  It types like a dream.  I can’t wait to do my writing on it, once I feel like I’ve gotten to where I can write again.

This past week saw me working long hours, taking extra time at lunch to eliminate the hours.  I also managed to send a package out that had been on the back burner, but is now done.  Another check off my list.

Now that the Winter Break has begun, I’ve started with some laundry and dishes, tomorrow will mean more work.  I have people coming in during break to set up the blinds and to replace the HVAC system and hot water heater in my home.  The next on the list (once I’ve gotten my savings back up) will be flooring, as I’ve described in my previous post on goals.

I’ve even bought a ticket to see Taliesin West, which I’ve wanted to see for years.  New beginnings.

Baby steps.

I still don’t feel like I’ve grieved, but now that I’m off, I think I can stop long enough to let that begin.

Well, that’s enough for now.  There is going to be a lot of recycling, a lot of trash and a lot of donations over the next few weeks.  I also need to get my finances ready for taxes, it will be here before I know it.

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanza and Happy New Year to all of you.  Please be safe.

No comments: