Saturday, January 14, 2017

Goals For 2017

I've been watching so many people posting their resolutions or goals for the new year, I thought I would do something a bit... contrarian.  I'm going to give you my goals, by stating what I will not be doing this year.

1.  I will not become the healthy fitness nut this year.

I just went to the doctor with a sinus infection that I've had since mid-December.  Sorry, but I'm not interrupting my break by trying to get an appointment - when most likely my doctor was already booked.  Today's appointment was scheduled as a follow up from the swollen legs, vertigo and other assorted junk I had back at that time.  Now my legs are fine, the vertigo has been remedied (many thanks to the department head at my job who mentioned she had it and found out it was from vitamin D deficiency) with vitamins.

Additional vials of blood were drawn today to check how my 50 year old hormones are doing, as I've been having hot flashes the last few weeks.  The doctor thinks it actually might be fevers caused by the sinus infection.  We'll see in about a week or two which it is.

2.  I will not have a spotless home this year.

While the amount of stuff has been significantly reduced, there is still a long way to go, and some of the organization requires remodeling in my home, which isn't going to happen this year.  Goal #1 is to get out of debt as quickly as possible.

3.  I will not be debt free by year end.

I honestly don't know if this statement will ring true on December 31st or not, but there are two credit cards I am working and budgeting to pay off this year.  I will be scrimping and saving, however, to pay down as much of the third and last credit card as possible.  Will I make it?  Time will tell.

4.  I will not always be the "cheerful one", whether at work, while spending time with Mom, at Church, around friends.

I will, however, try to be a bit more sociable this year than I have in years past.  However, if I don't join in on movie nights or other assorted outings that require money, please know I'm trying to keep to a tight budget.  To everything there is a season, this is my season to get out of debt.

My best wishes to everyone out there, good luck on whatever goals you have for 2017.

No comments: