Friday, October 24, 2014

Vacation!

It's been over six months since Spring Break and around four years since I last took a week off of work.  Let me put it this way, the last time I took a full week off of work, it was having surgery to remove my ovary.  Yep, it's been that long.  Partly because taking time off at a school doesn't work very well with getting the job done.  The other part is that I simply can't afford any kind of vacation trip.

I'm taking a week off to get caught up with things at home, but also to try to recharge my batteries.  In short:  I'm burned out.

From work.

From caregiving.

From trying to squeeze time to run a load of dishes between work, Mom and Church.

Don't get me wrong, I love what I do at work, I love my Mother, I love Church.  It's just been too much with nothing getting done at home.

So, I'm taking a staycation, of sorts.

I'll be taking Mom to appointments she has made this coming week, I'll be taking care of appointments that have been long neglected for myself, and trying to find time to go to the Temple and do some writing.

Maybe take Mom out for a ride in the car, just to get away from things for a few hours.

We'll see what this coming week holds, but I'm praying for strength, patience and a little more serenity in my life.

No comments: