Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Introducing Rachel




Rachel is a very special friend for me, as I've mentioned her in a few previous posts.

For starters, I didn't find her, she found me.  I was collecting trash on the Temple Grounds in Mesa (during the Christmas lights season), and she came running up to me outside the Baptistry.  She wanted food, but was content with playing with a wrapper on the ground as a toy that I was picking up.  No kidding, she ran right up to me.  I wrapped her in my jacket and she purred and fell right to sleep in my arms.

Now, three years later, she loves/tolerates me, but still enjoys it when I pet her, particularly around 1 am when she can wake me up to pet her.  She is affectionate around adults, but is frightened of small children.  And while others can pet her, I am the only person she purrs for.

She also loves the smell of the clothes fresh from the dryer, and will jump in while I'm trying to get a load of laundry out.  As she was so kind to oblige a pose for me, I took the opportunity to take a picture of her.





1 comment:

Couch Pirate said...

For some reason I continued to imagine her as a kitten. Duh, it's been three years! But I still thought of her as a kitten.