Friday, January 24, 2014

Bronchitis

I hate getting sick.  It makes me crazy to have to take meds that make weird.

Yes, it's the ugly sinus infection and bronchitis that's been going around.  Thankfully, though, it is not the flu that is also going around.

So, what do I do when I get sick?  Take meds and watch Barry Manilow on DVD.  LOL.

You'd think I would have burned all of the stuff with the history I've had with the guy.  Today I wondered why it is I keep going back.  I finally figured out what it is.  The music.

I've played the piano since I was 7 years old, and have learned a lot of beautiful classical music in the years.  I love a good melody, good chord changes and groups.  I found online pieces of the video from a show called "Musicians" where Barry gets into the nitty gritty of composing and arranging.

I absolutely loved it.  I wonder if it's available for DVD?  I would love to see it in it's entirety, because I'm sure some of the gems were edited out from what I had seen.

The series of chords in Could It Be Magic, If I Should Love Again, Where You Go are pure inspiration.

One question I would have Barry:  If he could create another ballad based on a classical piece, which would it be?  What other pieces does he love that has wonderful chord progressions and melodies?

Okay, now that I've bored you silly with this post (yes, I'm on the codeine cough syrup), I'll stop and go to bed now.  :-)

Take care everyone, and try to stay healthy!

No comments: