Tuesday, October 29, 2013

I'm Definitely Not Buying That

I love how the interview ended on the scare tactic of raising prices at Walmart.





Why am I not buying it?

1.  Did you know that low-wage workers make up a portion of the people living on Food Stamps?  And who pays for that?  Not Walmart.

2.  I have a friend who used to work at the local Walmart.

The pay was not that great, and there was no room for this college graduated individual to move as far as a better paying position was concerned.

3.  Have you ever wondered, on days like Saturdays, why all of the check out lanes are not running?

When I worked retail in college, part of planning the shifts involved making sure there would be enough coverage for days you know are peak days.  I have a hard time believing Walmart doesn't understand it's peak times.  It's been in business for too long.




No comments: